What Does MCT Oil Do For You?
MCT Oil helps you lose weight, stay focused, and have more energy by providing your body with medium chain triglycerides which easily convert into energy in your body rather than store up in your cells as fat.
MCTs go straight to your liver and are converted into energy instantly or ketone bodies. And, because MCTs are more efficiently burned by the body, they are less likely to be stored as fat and are also used by the brain as energy.
Athletes are known to use MCTs or medium chain tryglcerides as a nutritional support during work outs and training. And MCT’s are used to decrease body fat and increase lean muscle mass.
MCT oil helps your metabolism burn fat by offering your body a fuel source that fills you up. MCTs help cut cravings, and help keep your blood sugar from spiking. MCTs can be found in coconut oil – that’s why ketogenic dieters use coconut oil in their coffee – or extracted from palm or coconut oil via fractionation. MCT oil is a must-have ketogenic dieters dream ingredient for weight loss and weight control.
Benefits of MCT Oil
1. Encourage alertness by providing fuel to the brain
2. Reduce sugar cravings
3. Optimal weight maintenace due to satiation
4. Increased metabolism
5. Increased energy
6. Increased brain function
7. Help with absorption of fat soluble nutrients
8. MCTs are great to consume on a keto diet because of the fat burning aspects – some say you can increase your carb intake if you consume MCT oil
How Much MCT Oil Should I Take?
When you just start to use MCT oil on a ketogenic diet, try using 1 tablespoon a day for a month. You can mix MCT oil into your coffee with butter to make a bulletproof coffee, or you can mix it into other beverages for a kick start to your day.
MCT oil is generally flavorless so it won’t interfere with the flavor of what you eat. MCT oil is a big step in the right direction for fat loss and will help kick start ketosis. Make an MCT ketogenic diet plan to kick start and keep yourself in ketosis first thing in the morning.
Where Can I Get MCT Oil?
You can buy MCT oil online or get it through your natural foods store. I recommend reading reviews of MCT oil brands on Amazon to find out which one has the reviews you are comfortable with. I haven’t personally used MCT oil, but I do make bulletproof coffee with coconut oil and find that I am fuller longer in the morning and don’t need to eat a full meal until lunch time.
Here MCT Oil Brands to Consider for Your Ketogenic Diet:
Sustainably Sourced MCT Oil
VIVA Naturals Non-GMO Vegan and Paleo Friendly MCT Oil
Coconut Oil (with MCTs)
Go straight to the source of MCTs with extra-virgin coconut oil. This is how I get my MCTs daily. And, I like the subtle coconut oil flavor in my foods. Learn More.
See what’s selling on Amazon – MCT oil best sellers imported via the Amazon API.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED - Free of fillers, flavors and additives, Viva Naturals MCT Oil is extracted from fresh, hand-picked and sustainably harvested coconuts. Made in the USA and third-party tested with every batch!
- SUPPORTS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT - Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) don't behave like other fats. Rather than being broken down by pancreatic enzymes, they produce ketone bodies that provide an alternative fuel source for greater fat burning potential. A Paleo and low-carb diet favorite!
- SUPPORTS ENERGY AND MENTAL FOCUS* - Ketones supply your brain with energy when carbs, your body's main source of energy, are limited and not utilized efficiently. Improve stamina and athletic performance naturally with Viva Naturals MCT Oil.
- ODORLESS AND TASTELESS - Anyone with a sensitive palate can enjoy the neutral taste and odorless features of our MCT oil. Substitute traditional oils with MCT oil for homemade salad dressings, sauces and smoothies. A perfect addition to your morning cup of java!
- COFFEE MUST HAVE - Enjoy the neutral flavor and therapeutic properties of our MCT oil in your morning cup of Joe for its long lasting, bulletproof energy. Blend for a smooth consistency and even flavor. Certified Paleo through the Paleo Foundation! Begin with one tablespoon of our MCT oil daily and increase gradually to three tablespoons until your body has adjusted. MCT oil may cause mild intestinal discomfort if too much is consumed at once, particularly on an empty stomach.
- COCONUT MCT IS EASIER TO ABSORB AND DIGEST: We triple filter our MCT to make sure it is the purest, highest quality possible.
- PREMIUM MCT OIL BENEFITS: Our MCT converts into energy faster than other oils, helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and ignites your body's metabolic rate. Build toward your athletic and weight management goals with this perfect coconut MCT. Add to salads, smoothies or coffee for immediate, all day energy!
- GUARANTEED PURITY: Left Coast Performance MCT Oil is 100% Pure and manufactured at a GMP facility in the USA. Each batch is created using a low-heat, time consuming process. Plus, every batch is tested for heavy metals and impurities, meaning that we only deliver the purest, most nutritious MCT Oil that meets our mile-high standards. Comes in our BPA Free, Food Grade PET Plastic Container. UPGRADED: We've upgraded to Coconut MCT only. It's vegan, gluten-free, keto and paleo friendly.
- DIRECT TO CONSUMER SALES ONLY MEANS BIG SAVINGS: We are a small family company that takes pride in delivering the finest quality MCT Oil. Unlike the re-sellers of NOW Foods MCT Oil, this means that we skip the middle man and are not bound by the pricing of big box retailers. It also means that we are able to deliver a premium MCT Oil supplements that would normally sell for well over $30, for much less! You won't find a better price for the quality.
- NEW TO MCT OIL: Start Slowly. Left Coast Performance's MCT oil is ideal for improving mental clarity and suppressing cravings.
- 100% pure oil
- Helps in weight management -
- Thermogenic; spares lean body tissue
- Vegetarian product; a dietary supplement
- Made with 100% coconuts - NOT FOR RESALE -
- Non-GMO Verified alternative to traditional oils, energy and sports drinks
- Burns quickly for sustained energy and beneficial fats
- Packed with nutritious fats that are absorbed directly to the liver
- MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES (MCTs) FROM COCONUT. 100% Potency. Non-GMO Project Verified. 14 grams per serving. See Supplement Facts for total fat and saturated fat content
- Pure Source, No Palm or Filler Oils, Only from premium coconuts, Flavorless and Odorless, Hexane-free
- 100% MCTs: 14 grams of MCTs (including caprylic and capric acids) per serving. See Supplement Facts for total fat and saturated fat content
- Dietary Supplement Uses: Mix into smoothies, shakes, coffee and other beverages or simply take by the tablespoon.
- Vegetarian, BPA-Free bottle
- CONVENIENT, 100% PURE MCT OIL POWDER - Perfect supplement for those who want the benefits of liquid MCT oil WITHOUT the mess, digestive distress or travel headache. Perfect Keto's MCT Oil Powder is creamy, smooth and adds creamy texture, delicious taste and healthy fats to your coffee or smoothies.
- NO FILLERS OR ADDITIVES - Unlike others, Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder contains NO fillers, corn starch, or fiber additives. This means that our MCT has ZERO carbs and ZERO grams of sugar: just pure natural MCT fats from coconut. This means you'll be fuller longer and have no spike in blood sugars.
- GUARANTEED PURITY - Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder is 100% Pure and manufactured at a GMP facility in the USA. Each batch is lab-tested to contain our 70/30 c8/c10 ratio, and is tested for heavy metals and other impurities. The product ships in a BPA-free, food-grade PET container.
- FEEL FULL AND INCREASE ENERGY - The body begins burning MCT for fuel almost immediately, which is why MCTs are so popular in morning coffee (like the popular Bulletproof coffee). Because our MCT Oil Powder contains ZERO additives, carbs or sugar, you'll get hours of sustained energy and feel full and focused during the day.
- Each container comes with 30 servings of 100% PURE MCT Oil Powder. Our product comes from coconuts and is composed of 70% C8 and 30% C10.
- Power up, add the clean energy of mct oil to any shake or baked treat for a creamy, easy-to-digest boost of fatty acids
- Mix into your favorite #cheat clean recipe for a full-flavored custom creation
- 50 servings
- 100% pure premium MCT oil with lauric acid, harvested from coconuts. Onnit MCT Oil is sustainably sourced and contains no palm oil, the leading constituent in most MCT oils. Free of fillers, additives, and flavoring.
- MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are a beneficial fat that's easily converted into fuel in the form of ketones, one of the brain's primary sources of energy as well as a vital source of ATP energy for the body. Onnit MCT oil is excellent for those adhering to a ketogenic diet, which utilizes fats rather than carbs for energy, a state known as ketosis. MCT oil is a perfect supplement for other low carb diets, like the Paleo diet, and for weight management support.
- Onnit MCT Oil is tasteless and odorless, making it great for smoothies, protein shakes, salad dressings, unheated sauces, and more. Not recommended for use with styrofoam or any other foam-based material.
- Great with coffee. Onnit MCT oil is a bulletproof way to turn your morning cup of Joe into a creamy, delicious source of sustained energy for the day, supporting mental focus and clarity. Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan-Friendly.
- A superior alternative to coconut oil for MCTs. Coconut oil is great, but it contains relatively small quantities of MCT's, particularly C8 (Caprylic Acid) and C10 (Capric Acid). These two forms of MCT are especially valuable because they take fewer steps to convert to caloric energy than the other saturated fat forms found in coconut oil.
- BENEFITS: Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are known as "healthy fats" that may help your body achieve Ketosis - the process which your body burns fat for energy.*
- COCONUT OIL: 100% Coconut Sourced with NO Palm Oil. Contains the full spectrum of MCTs including Lauric Acid, a helpful component for "Oil Pulling" bacteria.*
- REAL CERTIFICATIONS: Our MCT Oil is Non-GMO project Verified and 3rd party certified Keto, Paleo and Vegan Friendly
- USES: MCT Oil is odorless, tasteless and can be substituted with traditional oils. Add to protein shakes,coffee, or any other types of beverages for sustained "Natural" energy.*
- GUT HEALTH: MCT's (in particular Lauric Acid) have antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties that can help promote gut health. Another great thing about MCTs is that they are capable of reducing "bad bacteria" without harming or removing "good bacteria." That's important, considering we need the good kind for intestinal health and digestive functioning.
- Just stir and go! Emulsified MCT Oil gives you all the benefits of MCT Oil in the most convenient way possible. Unlike traditional MCT Oil, emulsified MCT Oil doesn't require a blender to mix evenly. Onnit EMCT is 100% pure premium MCT oil with lauric acid, harvested from coconuts and sustainably sourced. Contains no palm oil, the leading constituent in most MCT oils. Free of fillers, additives, and flavoring.
- Great with coffee. Onnit Emulsified MCT oil is a bulletproof way to turn your morning cup of Joe into a creamy, delicious source of sustained energy for the day, supporting mental focus and clarity. Also great with tea, shakes, and smoothies, as well as food, such as fruit, your morning bowl of oatmeal, and desserts.
- MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are a beneficial fat that's easily converted into fuel in the form of ketones, one of the brain's primary sources of energy as well as a vital source of ATP energy for the body. Onnit EMCT oil is excellent for those adhering to a ketogenic diet, which utilizes fats rather than carbs for energy, a state known as ketosis. MCT oil is a perfect supplement for other low carb diets, like the Paleo diet, and for weight management support.
- 100% coconut sourced and rich in lauric acid, a key nutrient for human optimization. By sourcing our MCT Oil from coconuts, we prevent the deforestation of palm forests -- a natural habitat for endangered orangutans. MCT oil is a superior alternative to coconut oil for MCTs because it contains greater quantities of C8 (Caprylic Acid) and C10 (Capric Acid) MCTs, which take fewer steps to convert to caloric energy than the other saturated fat forms found in coconut oil.
- Organic | Non-GMO | Gluten-Free | Sugar-Free | Vegan-Friendly. Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
Disclaimer: I’m not a dietitian or nutritionist, but a health enthusiast, clean eater and ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting partaker. I started this website because I love the keto diet and intermittent fasting lifestyle. My favorite way of eating is to eliminate as many carbs as possible from my diet, eat lots of greens, and real food, forego anything that comes in boxes or is manufactured or produced in a factory or made from chemicals that mean absolutely nothing to the average person. I’m recommending products in this article that have affiliate links and will pay me a small commission if you purchase something to help you along with your keto diet. I always recommend products I think will be beneficial, based on other people’s reviews of the products or my personal research on the efficacy of the product, on your ketogenic diet journey.